- 234 views
NIS Director General Noordin Haji emphasised that freedom of expression is protected by the Constitution but warned against the rising spread of disinformation, especially through AI-generated content and social media, which he says poses a threat to national security.
Government Denies Plan to Muzzle Free Speech Amid Disinformation Concerns
- 6 Apr 2025 - Former Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua's security fired gunshots on Sunday morning to disperse a rowdy group attempting to interrupt a church service at PCEA Kasarani East Parish.
- 6 Apr 2025 - A magistrate court in Wajir has granted the Directorate of Criminal Investigations a green light in exhuming the body of Gaala Aden Abdi, a 17-year-old who was burnt to death after allegedly refusing to marry a 55-year-old man in Wajir County.
- 6 Apr 2025 - A family in Nyandema village, Migori County, has been left homeless following a gas explosion on Saturday night.
- 6 Apr 2025 - European Union countries will seek to present a united front in the coming days against U.S. President Donald Trump's tariffs, likely approving a first set of targeted countermeasures on up to $28 billion of U.S. imports from dental floss to diamonds.
- 6 Apr 2025 - Zimbabwe's President said Saturday he would suspend all tariffs on goods imported from the United States, days after US President Donald Trump levied 18 percent tariffs against the southern African nation.
- 6 Apr 2025 - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is set to travel to Washington to meet with US President Donald Trump, discussing issues including tariffs and the "Iranian threat," his office said Saturday.
- 6 Apr 2025 - Mombasa Anti-Narcotics Unit detectives have arrested a notorious drug trafficker, Shee Hussein, at Magaoni area in Msambweni and recovered 200 grammes of heroin. Acting on intelligence, detectives apprehended Hussein aboard a public service vehicle. A…
- 6 Apr 2025 - Several people are said to have been injured in the chaos that saw Gachagua's bodyguards fire gunshots.
- 6 Apr 2025 - Francis, 88, had been out of public view since March 23, when he was leaving Rome's Gemelli hospital.
- 6 Apr 2025 - The workers are said to have been ferrying bricks to the top floors when tragedy struck.